Think about the following list as it relates to your everyday activities, to your every day routine.
- Food Access is excellent, we have a readily available supply with huge variations in styles. Stable.
- Water We have it flowing right into our homes, we use it for our cooking, cleaning, drinking and sanitation. Stable.
- Electricity Available almost everywhere, again it is brought right to our homes. Stable.
- Communication Land line, Cell phone, Internet access, Satellite, Radio, Cable. Stable.
- Transportation Public, Private, Air, Rail, Sea born. Stable.
- Shelter Your house, A relatives house, Emergency shelter location both public or private. Stable.
- Public Services Police and Fire, local hospital. Stable.
Almost everyone depends on the above services to go from one day to the next, we have come to rely on them as always being there without fail and for the most part they are sound.
Now here is where that gentlemen Mr. Murphy comes in and ruins the day, With no specific reason here there are times when the system breaks down , it just happens. Most times it is for a short period of time and we just make do or we find another location to haunt until it has passed us over. In most cases people can handle a 24hr period of being without one of the Previously mentioned services. 24hours is one thing, now thing about what happens when you start getting into 48 or 72 hours, what happens then? Lets complicate it even more and add into that not one problem but 2 problems. Go ahead and pick any two problems, some are more serious than others but they can effect different people in different ways as does location and environment.
A great many people have the attitude of " It can't happen to me " well it does happen to you and it shouldn't. We have had many natural disasters that have happened in this and many other countries to prove you wrong, that ounce of prevention really is worth the pound of cure (Thank you Mr. Franklin). Common sense is the best weapon you have in your arsenal to prevent a bad situation from impacting you in a negative or uncomfortable way.
As I have said we have become very accustomed to our comforts even so much as to day our basic everyday living needs but we neglect to think about what happens when we loose one of them, well there are solutions to each and every one of them and all it takes is a little thought and Initiative on our part to lessen the effects of the problem.
This will be a two part article.
Other articles of the week
Senate Bill 510 information
"The Gun Is Civilization" by Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)
After America, There Is No Place To Go
Here we go, From the airports to the trains now
John Bolton thinking of a run for president?
S.510, the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
Misc thoughts on the week