Beginning Sunday and going through Monday night A storm cell from our southern border all the way to the north will move from west to east and will bring with it a combination of rain, hail, lightning and for some places snow. I can tell you that I am already feeling the effects of this storm with wind gusts of 40 to 50 MPH and I have some snow on the way, that is my area.
For yourselves I would highly recommend that you plug into your local and national weather sources to see how your area may or may not be effected by this fast moving storm, After that you may wish to do a self evaluation of your stores at home to determine if you may be ready, you do not want to be that person that has to rush to the store and either fight the crowds of find empty shelves. This happens every time mother nature decides she wants whip things up on us.
Do you have your basics covered, below is a basic check list to go over:
- Food: 4 to 5 day supply of food that does not need to be refrigerated or need to be cooked.
- Water: Have a few cases on hand or 2 liter bottles work well also.
- Shelter: Is your home livable without power if it goes out? Do you have an alternate location to go to?
- Flashlights, batteries, AM/FM, weather alert radio.
- Full tank of fuel for your vehicle
- Prescription medicine, eyeglasses, woman's sanitary needs
- Cell phone and extra battery and car charger
- Good supply of warm clothes
It would be greatly appreciated if those of you who read this would please pass it along especially in the weather related case, Thank you.