Supposed Hoarding in Japan

      I just caught part of a phone interview from Japan on one of those cable news channels where an individual decided to go to the store and get some food and water. Upon his arrival to the store he gets upset because there is neither, "Hoarding" he tells the interviewer.

     Pardon me if I go into a little bit of a snark but:

     First of all caller, you are in the middle of a natural disaster.
     Second caller, the infrastructure is trashed.
     Third caller, no truck delivery.
     Fourth caller, stores only have on hand what you see.
     Fifth caller, natural disaster means trashed infrastructure means no trucks means what you see on the shelves will be gone in hours and you were obviously late in getting there and that's one reason you have nothing, along with your lack of planning so don't call it HOARDING. Plan better.

I just covered JIT or Just In Time Delivery, for a refresher on this article here is the link again

Now don't get me wrong, I feel for the people and the tragedy they are going through but it is your responsibility to take care of yourselves and if you are waiting for government to do it then you better be prepared to wait a while as they take time to organize and deploy and for an incident of this scope and size it will take even longer. Those are the facts so please do what you can ahead of time to make yourself a little more self sufficient so you can get by for a few days without any help, you will be better off.

Prepology 

Follow Prepology on Twitter

3 comments:

chinasyndrome said...

Oh Brother someone always wants someone to blame. Prepare then you don't have to worry about hoarders. Unless your house gets washed away,or falls in from the quake.There is always luck involved.

China
III

BadVooDooDaddy said...

If they are stupid enough not to already have those necessary things on hand then I don't feel a bit sorry for them. They always look for someone else to blame for their stupidity. It actually makes me laugh a little.

Scott R said...

Hi China, I hear ya it is never "your" fault it's always the other guys fault, I call it personal responsibility and yeah luck helps a little too..... Thanks for stopping in China.


Afternoon BVDD, I can understand having things and loosing them due to the event but what gets me is the entitlement attitude that many people have, and if you have something you are a hoarder, well I don't have that big screen TV and I don't take 2 or 3 vacations a year but I know I am going to eat..... Thanks for making it by

LinkRef

free web site traffic and promotion