Secession?

Secession:
       (derived from the latin term secessio) is the act of withdrawing from an organization, union, or especially a political entity. Threats of secession also can be a strategy for achieving more limited goals. (Stolen from Wiki)
   
     As I know many of you out there are well informed and quasi news junkies I am sure that it has not passed your attention as of late the 20 or so petitions that have been filed with the White House web site seeking to secede from the union. I find it not surprising at all especially after this years election, had it gone the other way I am sure we would still be in the midst of a national riots over "voter fraud and racism" all said and done the election is over and now the consequences will come into play and reality is going hit us in the wallet worse than it already has been. I see the divide here in the country between makers and takers and the takers just won hence the secession talk. The theoretical ball is now rolling and In my humble opinion think it deserves an honest debate and looked at on the merits.

     This country was built on a diversity between states, yes we held some things as a basic common but you knew that if one state didn't suit you specific taste you were free to move to another.  We still have that to a certain extent but to a far lesser degree.  We now have a federal government and partial populace that wants to dictate to you what your life will be or what you can and can't do, what you have to buy as a result of being a citizen of this country or pay fines and go to jail ( Think healthcare ) or how about this, a law on what size of a soda pop you can buy ( Think New York ) Small things add up, and more laws come down the pike every day.

     Parallels can be drawn here from when we wanted our independence from an English King, that King is now Washington DC and the central government, I cant say if secession is the answer but I do know that the federal government holds too big of a stick and they are not afraid to use it against any one or many states as they have already shown. I would like to see us get back to a more  local state government as it was in the past, elected local officials tend to be somewhat more grounded in you issues and problems when they are in the same stew pot with you in the same city or state verses someone who is elected and sent to the closed off city of a Washington DC where they loose touch the instant they get there but as I have said maybe the idea of secession will spur some attention, maybe, maybe not. For myself I do believe it will end up being fought tooth and nail by the federal government and they will do everything in their power to squash it because they know if even one state leaves more will follow and the loss of revenue and control from a producing state such at Texas for instance would have far reaching consequences, I for one wouldn't be able to pack my bags fast enough to get there if they decided to pull out.

In closing I would love to hear you opinions, thoughts, concerns or any other tidbit you may have.   


Follow Prepology on Twitter

7 comments:

chinasyndrome said...

Scott I think you layed it very well!!

China
III

Scott R said...

Thanks China and I would hope it gets some attention but I won't be holding my breath.

Thanks for stopping by.

Wild Cookery! said...

The first state to actually secede would have a massive influx of the right people from all the rest of the states. It would be the first to draw all of the 'producers' who are sick of the endless parasites and vultures.

Eaglefeather said...

Scott, with 60% of the population now either employed by government or otherwise dependent upon it for their existence, I do not see a lot of choices for those of us who are in the 35% who pay taxes to support this fiasco. We, who financially support it, have officially lost control of the federal government. The country we once knew cannot survive this.

Scott R said...

Eagle unfortunately you are correct, independence has been weened out in our wonderful indoctrination centers and has been replaced with dependence and that's right where the government wants them. IMHO nothing will change until the whole system is completely overloaded and outright fails, I foresee dark days ahead my friend.

Healing Morning said...

I found it very telling that our illustrious leader addressed the petitions to secede by saying he would allow only a certain number of states to proceed with the actual secession. I about fell out. Yes, he really said that. He "would only allow" a certain number of states to secede. Shows what an educated politician he is, yes? I am certainly not as educated on the secession process as I should be, but I do know that our President cannot make such a statement in a country that is founded on tenets of freedom and choice. That man scares me down to my bones, and I'll be doing even more praying for our country than I did during the first term he served.

- DawnldNumb34

Healing Morning said...

Scott, I'm having serious trouble with your comment moderation captcha system. I don't know if my original comment went through or not, so will try one last time.

My thoughts were this: I am not as educated as I would like to be about the secession process. I was, however, horrified by the President's response to the large number of secession petitions. His comment was that he would "only allow a certain number of states to secede" from the Union. Seriously? This does not make me feel confident in his education as a politician and as the leader of our country. It is entirely within our Constitutional rights to make the decision to secede and he, as the President, cannot make such a sweeping statement without sounding perilously close to a dictator.

I will continue to pray for this country, even more than I did during the first four years of his term. This man scares me down to my bones.

- Dawn

LinkRef

free web site traffic and promotion